Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Well, we finally got on the road....and we were only 2 1/2 hours past our intended start time. That is a new record for us! I had to pack everyone's things today AND pack the van. I am proud to say that I was able to get everything to fit in the back end, with room to spare. That is another new record. We took our pet Beagle, Farley, to my mother-in-law so she could watch him for us. Upon leaving her house, I asked everyone if they had their tennis shoes (all 3 kids had on their sliders/sandals.) My oldest let out a huge but muffled sound. I said "I guess you forgot yours, huh?" So we had to turn around and take another 30 minutes to go back home and retrieve one pair of size 13 tennis shoes, to be used for walking the streets of Chicago. With shoes on board, we drove for 2 1/2 hours. We are spending the night in Lafayette Indiana. I can't wait for the free Continental breakfast, as I had no supper. We will start fresh in the morning. Oh yeah. Remember that "room to spare"? It was taken up by the size 13 tennis shoes. Until tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment